Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First Day

Our flights went well, even though we almost missed the one to Athens! But it all worked our in the end.  We arrived in Athens at 9am today and had to wait there until one for Arcadia to pick us up, then we finally got to go to our apartment.  It is very nice! Each of us get our own room and it has 1 & 1/2 bathes, but a very tiny kitchen and no dryer. We are living in the heart of the city so there are lots of markets, shops, and cafes all around us. It's a very crowded town but seems very upbeat and lively. Tonight at 8 we have our first orientation meeting and then another one at 10am tomorrow and then our program begins! And I'm trying to download some photos I've taken but it's not letting me so I will have to figure out how to work out that glitch.

Love,
Brit

2 comments:

  1. Hey punk! I'm so jealous it's not even funny. I hope you have a wonderful trip, how long will you be there? And if it's more than a year, I know where I'm going on my next vacation! haha! I miss you and your dad.

    Love You!
    Your long lost cousin, Chris ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stranger!!!

    I'll only be here for two more weeks so you better get here fast! haha I definitely recommend visiting here sometime though. It's beautiful! I can tag along and be your personal tour guide. Miss you too!!

    Love,
    Brit

    ReplyDelete